Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Reisterstown, MD, United States
A practicing attorney who is trying to find the time to develop a small business designing, making and selling handmade jewelry.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

My First Show Part II

Well, the best I can say is that my first show is behind me and I learned a lot.  As you can probably tell from the tenor of the first sentence, I didn't make a lot of sales.  In fact, I didn't even have very many "lookers."  The crowd was steady all day but they weren't looking for jewelry and they certainly weren't looking for high end jewelry.  Even my $40.00 necklaces seemed to be too expensive for them.  Some of the vendors did fairly well but no one had a great day.  I did get a lot of compliments about my work which is always nice.

I did have enough sales to check out my new credit card reader and the square website.  Wow!  It is very cool and so very easy to use.  Customers sign the receipt with their finger on my iPad and then I can email them a receipt.  Within 24 hours, the $$ actually show up in my bank account.  Now I'm wondering if I can link my pay pal account to it?  That would be sweet since I try to keep my business funds separate from my personal accounts.  I'll check that out for sure.

I really liked my table set up although I was wishing I had more room to put out more necklaces.  I was only able to show 15 necklaces at a time.  I guess I'll have to be creative about how to get more space out of that small 8 ft square.  Maybe some sort of rack that I can sit on the table and use more space above the table.

Here is my table:


My banner looks so small up on the wall behind the table.  I think I need to order a larger one.

Here's hoping that my next show results in more sales!

1 comment: