Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Reisterstown, MD, United States
A practicing attorney who is trying to find the time to develop a small business designing, making and selling handmade jewelry.

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Few New Listings to Share

I've recently completed a few new pieces for listing on Etsy, ArfFire and Zibbet.  Keep an eye out for them as they'll most likely be listed this week.  Meanwhile, here they are for you to preview:

The first is a long antique brass, prehenite and Czech glass bead necklace that I put together with wirework.  The necklace is 84 inches long and doesn't contain a clasp.  Rather, it is designed to be wrapped around your neck or waist as many times as you like.  In addition to the stones and Czech beads, the necklace contains several Vintage antique brass pieces and brass links.  I love this piece because it is the perfect color for me and it so very flexible.  I've also created a pair of coordinating chandelier earrings.  Check out these pictures...





Next, I've created a classic necklace with a chain made from various green jasper beads and sterling silver beads and bead caps.  The pendant focal is also made from green jasper.  I found these beads when I was walking through the International Gem and Jewelry Show in downtown Baltimore a few months ago.  The pendant was the first piece to jump out at me.  It reminded me of a Monet impressionistic painting.  I immediately stopped and reached out to touch it.  Of course, once I've picked it up, it almost always goes into my goody bag.   I knew it would make a beautiful classic piece.  Let me know what you think about it.




Another piece I recently completed is made from some wonderful, absolutely striking, green kyanite beads that I found at the Earthstone booth at the February Tucson Gem and Jewelry Show.  Earthstone is a wholesale only dealer who has amazing quality stones.  The last time I visited them in Tucson, I walked away much poorer than I was when I arrived.  However, their stones are so beautiful that I can never resist.  In addition to the green kyanite beads, this necklace contains some beautiful green lampwork beads that I also found in Tucson and a few Swarovsky crystals.  All the accent pieces are sterling silver.  Here are the pictures.







My last new piece was made from a few beads I purchased recently in Dallas.  This piece is made from Czech glass beads and sterling silver.  The pendant focal is something I found a year of so ago at the Tucson show.  This is a design that I haven't done before but that I thought would make a fun necklace.




At any rate, you can find all of these new items on Etsy, at www.jillsjewelry.etsy.com; on ArtFire at www.artfire.com/users/jillsjewelry; and on Zibbet at www.zibbet.com/jillsjewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment