Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Reisterstown, MD, United States
A practicing attorney who is trying to find the time to develop a small business designing, making and selling handmade jewelry.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Update on Heartsy and Other Ramblings

Thanks to all who voted for me on Heartsy the last few days.  I received 67 votes and have made it to the next level.  Now my pieces will be looked at and evaluated by an actual person.  In another week or two I'll know if I'm going to be lucky enough to get a feature or not.  I hope so.  March was an impossibly slow month for my shop and I need to jumpstart some sales.

I'm still thinking about starting another Etsy store for a less expensive line of jewelry and perhaps some other crafts.  My sister, Fran, is a gifted seamstress (my sister Susie is too).  I've been trying to convince Fran to make some things for a new store.  She made the most perfect aprons for some friends and for my granddaughter.  I'm sure they would be a big seller.  Fran also makes custom window treatments.  If you have a need for window treatments, leave me a comment and I'll put you in touch with her.  She really does fabulous work.  Her window treatments are all over my house and I'm really glad that they are.

Yesterday Marty and I went to Bead Fest, Valley Forge, PA to check out the show.  I hadn't been to a Bead Fest show before.  It was a pretty good show.  Not Tucson quality but a pretty good show.  I'd  guess there were about 110 vendors split between beads, findings, glass and tools.  Of course, I spent too much money.  Here is the collection of things that I bought:


I'll show you the pictures when I get all these made into something.  It doesn't look like much now and it's kind of hard to see but there is a lot of beautiful stuff there.

I wish I could work on it all now but I'm off to pack so I can head back to Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment